Somerset is the sixth level of Resistance: Fall of Man.
In the final moments of the British military's evacuation from Northern Command, Hale - having learned the true nature of the secret weapon - releases the Angel from its confines and confronts it. The Chimeran monster tries to take control of Hale's mind, but Hale resists the attack and after a short battle, kills the Angel. Once it is dead, Hale joins the British in their retreat.
At the same time, word comes in that Lieutenant Cartwright has tracked the Chimera responsible for the attack to Cheddar Gorge, but radio contact with him and his squad had been lost. Hale volunteered to go after them and was dropped into a village of Cheddar in Somerset. He managed to locate Cartwright, caught in a Chimeran ambush, and rescue him. Though suspicious of Hale due to his infection, Cartwright joins forces with Hale. Using a LU-P LYNX, the pair make their way through the Chimeran defences deep into the gorge until they come to the outskirts of a Chimera weapons manufacturing facility.
Hale and Cartwright split up in order to get through the base easier; wending their way through factory buildings and killing any Chimera in their path, the pair rendezvous deeper into the facility where they make a terrifying discovery; a strange tower-like structure rising from the depths of Cheddar Gorge; one that has not been built, but excavated, a revelation that changes everything regarding current knowledge on the Chimera. Armed with this knowledge, Hale and Cartwright make their way back out of the facility, desperate to reach Southern Command and alert the military to their discovery.
Search and RescueEdit
As the level begins, heads down the path towards the road and you'll find a XR-005 Hailstorm from the dead body of Black Ops. After you received it; turn left on the road and follow the Chimera that they passed you. Use your XR-005 Hailstorm's Auto-Turret to kill Howler, 9 Hybrids and a Steelhead that they attack you. Once they're dead, turn right down the road, then turn left where you see the stairs. go up and then turn right up the stairs. Now you reach the other side of the road block, select your any weapons,and start kill 19 hybrids and 4 Slipskill. Once you've killed them, head inside the building and meet up with Cartwright.
This article is a stub. You can help the Resistance Wiki by expanding it.
Would you help contribute the Resistance Wiki by editting the text and adding information?
A Disturbing DiscoveryEdit
- Next Speed Trap, 50 Miles (3 points): Successfully complete the Somerset level in within 7 minutes 45 seconds.
- I Can See My House From Here! (2 points): Jump at least 50m in the LU-P Lynx in Cheddar Gorge.
- Misplaced Aggression (2 points): Blow up all cars in the town section.
- They Came From Behind (3 points): Run over 3 Hybrids while driving in reverse.
- I Believe This Is Yours (3 points): Use only Chimeran weapons to kill enemies.
- A fourth level in Somerset was cut from the game due to time restraints. It was a rail-shooter where Nathan Hale controlled the gun on top of the LU-P LYNX as Stephen Cartwright drove the two back through Cheddar Gorge.