It is reclaimed by picking it up in the Pit in Gratersford Prison.
- The Sledgehammer is an effective melee weapon and is very useful against melee-only enemies, such as Grims.
- This weapon is not as effective against certain enemies, such as Leapers, and should be used as a last resort, or, as stated above, against Grims.
- Even though it is best to use this weapon as a last resort, it is surprisingly powerful. A Ravager can be killed in about 5 hits with the sledgehammer.
|“|| A heavy instrument made of solid iron typically used for destruction. R1 - A quick
R2 - A heavy, high damage attack with a big windup.
- The Sledgehammer is the very first melee-only weapon that appears in the Resistance series.
- The Sledgehammer is the only non-upgradable weapon in Resistance 3.
- The Sledgehammer is first hinted in the second gameplay/live-action trailer of Resistance 3, in which Joseph Capelli is seen wielding it and about to use it to fight off several Grims in an arena.
- The Sledgehammer can be used in Survival Mode and Multiplayer in the Brutality Pack.