|SRPA Station Igloo|
|Next level||San Francisco|
|Team||United States Armed Forces|
|Weapons||HE .44 Magnum, M5A2 Carbine, Bullseye, L210 LAARK|
|Place||SRPA Station Igloo, Iceland|
|Date||July 15th, 1951|
|Objective||Accompany Major Blake to the Detention Wing|
Accompany Blake to the airfield for evac
Take down the Goliath
|Enemies||Daedalus (cutscene), Hybrids, Drones, Goliaths, Stalkers|
|Multiplayer map(s)||Station Igloo|
SRPA Station Igloo is the first campaign level of Resistance 2.
Nathan Hale, Richard Blake, Victor Company and their pilot India Eight-Two went to SRPA Station Igloo to quarantine Sgt. Hale who had just been retrieved from London, England after the liberation of Britain.
When they enter the perimeter of the base, India Eighty Two's VTOL is shot down by a Goliath killing all but Sgt. Hale and Maj. Blake. They run into a building where Hale uses a L210 LAARK to fire a rocket and destroy the first exhaust port on one of three Goliaths, damaging it. As Blake calls Kappa Team to destroy the Goliath, the Goliath notices and attacks them. Blake and Hale try to get to the Detention Wing only for Lima Team who were defending the East entrance were wiped out leaving Hale and Blake to try and secure it.
After they defend the East entrance, Blake and Hale get to the Detention Wing where Blake tries to kill Daedalus by opening his pen. Blake's plan fails as Daedalus whips him aside and picks up Hale saying: "They're Calling to us, Can you hear them? It's beautiful.".
Now that Blake's plan has failed and that Daedalus has escaped the two try and get to the airfield where Dr. Fyodor Malikov, after reaching a balcony they are told that Kappa Team are all K.I.A and Hale weakens the Goliath again by using a LAARK. The two then sprint across a battlefield and realising that they can't escape with the Goliath next to their only escape route they destroy it and manage to rendezvous with Malikov and escape the base just before the Chimera take over it.
This article is a stub. You can help the Resistance Wiki by expanding it.
Would you help contribute the Resistance Wiki by editting the text and adding information?
India Eight-Two Crash SiteEdit
- Intel 1: After Daedalus's escape, it is found on a catwalk.
- Intel 2, Memorandum: Found on the way to the hangar at the end of a passage next to the bench with a working radio.
- The first chapter of this level (and this game) is India Eight-Two Crash Site, which is an Easter Egg because the title means "Resistance 2", in military terms India stands for "I" and of course Eight(8) Two(2) and Resistance: Fall of Man was originally codenamed I-8, hence when Resistance 2 (the sequel) came along it would have been named Resistance: Fall of Man 2 (I-8-2 = India Eight-Two).
- The level serves a lengthy walkthrough tutorial for the player, including using the primary and secondary fire for weapons, such as the HE .44 Magnum.
- SRPA Station Igloo is disguised as the 'Dan Aric Johnson Air Force Base'. This is an Easter egg reference to Dan Johnson, a former member of Insomniac Games who has been referenced in many Ratchet & Clank games.
- If the player shoots at the guard towers they will eventually fall apart.
- In this level Intel 2 comes before Intel 1.
- Noticeably, Intel 1 was not created until December 15th, 1951, as it is recovered by the player on July 15th, 1951, making the document's existence at that time a paradox.
- In the cutscene where Hale attempts to resist after been injected, if you look closely there is a blood mark or a burn on Hale's shoulder.