- "It is happening!"
- ―Dr. Fyodor Malikov
San Fransisco is the second campaign level of Resistance 2.
Two years pass and Hale is promoted to Lieutenant. He becomes in charge of Echo Team; the Sentinels' vanguard unit, which consists of Sergeant Benjamin Warner, Corporal Joseph Capelli, and Specialist Aaron Hawthorne; and is put on the same regimen of inhibitors to prevent the virus from changing him further.
On May 15th, 1953, the Chimera invasion fleet makes landfall on the American mainland, invading the coasts of the U.S. In the west coast, Hale and Echo Team are stationed in SRPA 3, situated in San Francisco where the western division of the Chimeran fleet encompass the city. Hale is awaken from his surgery with Dr. Fyodor Malikov as the base's defenses are breached by Chimeran artillery units, consisting a Kraken.
Hale and Echo Team assist in neutralizing Chimera forces within the base while at several times being attacked by the Kraken. After reuniting with Malikov, Hale and the doctor reaches the surface where they witness the Chimeran fleet laying waste to San Francisco. Hale proceed to escort Malikov for his evacuation from SRPA 3. During the furious battle, Hale helped Sgt. Warner in utilizing the base's artillery cannon which seriously crippled one of the Chimeran battleships. Once escorting Malikov for his evacuation, and realizing that his viral inhibitors are still within SRPA 3, Hale volunteers in retrieving the inhibitors. After having retrieved Malikov's viral inhibitors and awaiting extraction via VTOL, Hale is confronted by the Kraken. Ultimately, managed to kill the Kraken in using the Pulse Cannon to defeat it before being extracted and sent to regroup with Echo in pursing the Chimeran battleship that was damaged earlier by Warner.
This article is a stub. You can help the Resistance Wiki by expanding it.
Would you help contribute the Resistance Wiki by editting the text and adding information?
Walk to Tactical Command with Warner for instructions. You are then ordered to go up every floor in the base and kill off the Chimera. You were then about to receive the gear when a Kraken shows up on the window. They attempt to close the shutters but fail as the Kraken breaks the window and floods Tac-Com. You then escape and find the assistanmt doctor trying to bring a bloody person out of the water but suddenly gets eaten by a Fury. You then inform Blake that there are Furies in the base and they need Echo team ranging on all lower decks. Blake says that it can't happen as a part of Echo team are on surface or in a different part of the base. You have to avoid the water. When you find a Magnum pick it up and kill the Hybrids who are slaughtering the bunkers' residents. Then meet up with Hawthorne and head towards the moon pool. Kill all the hybrids who are attacking Warner and after doing this regroup and head towards the moon pool.
Echo Team infiltrates the controlled moon pool room, taking out Hybrids guarding the two control stations. Eliminate all the Hybrids and close the gates to the moon pool. As you head to his team, there is something hitting the moon pool, something bigger than the Furies situated in the pool. Then the Kraken breaks the door and you are then cut off from Echo Team.
Head through the generator room where both Patrol and Attack Drones are. After being guided through with Blake via security feed and radio, you then reach a room where a Fury is in the water. Go into the room and kill Hybrids who are comming out of the elevator. Cross the water again and go up with the elevator. Head to the Med Clinic.
San Francisco BayEdit
- Bullseye Mark II (Superhuman difficulty only)
- Pulse Cannon (Unlimited ammo on last checkpoint (except secondary fire)) (Only weapon on final checkpoint)
- Frag Grenades
- Hedgehog Grenades
- Spider Grenades
- Echo Team
- Sgt. Benjamin Warner
- Cpl. Joseph Capelli
- Spc. Aaron Hawthorne
- Black Ops
- AA Battery
- Parking Lot
- Landing Pad
- Outside the lab
- Generator area
- Tac Command
- Dr. Fyodor Malikov
- Second Doctor
- Two people killed by Titan
- Other Sentinels
- Maj. Richard Blake
- Advanced Hybrids (Superhuman difficulty only)
- The Kraken
- Intel 6: Inside one of the bunkers after first encountering several Hybrids in the corridor.
- Intel 5: Inside the right control room while securing the moon pool doors.
- Intel 4: After securing the moon pool and exiting the elevator, it is next to a fallen Black Op in an area with dead Black Ops and Hybrids.
- Intel 7: Sitting on the center console of the room where you collect the first Pulse Cannon.
- Intel 8: Located in an open area before you start your way up onto the ramp that leads to the VTOL.
- Intel 3: Located down a green-tinted hallway and in-between two big pieces of machinery after collecting the inhibitors.
- This level is the first level where the player encounter Furies. This is also the first time the player encounters Titans, Ravagers, Steelheads, and Attack Drones
- The level does not take place within San Francisco, but is close enough to have visual contact with the city. The position of SRPA III implies it is located on and within Yerba Buena Island (based on the hilly geography of the exterior).
- This level takes place the same time Resistance: Burning Skies
- The San Francisco-linked suspension bridge seen in this level is the San Francisco – Oakland Bay Bridge, which could be confused with the more iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
- At the beginning when Malikov is examining Nathan with a flashlight, if you look down the corridor you'll see no person approaching. But then all of a sudden Sgt. Warner appears next to the player.