Resistance is a science-fiction horror series of first-person shooter and third-person shooter video games developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita game consoles. The series takes places in an alternate history around the year 1950's, in which an alien species known as the Chimera have invaded Earth and taken over all of Russia, and continue to invade and conquer much of Europe and the United States, expanding their armies by capturing humans and converting them into monstrous, super-powered soldiers to fight on their behalf. The player takes the role of one the sentinels, who are a few people injected with the Chimeran virus which grants them super abilities, like health renegeration.
The series is noted for its use of both conventional and futuristic weaponry, reflecting Insomniac's previous work on the Ratchet & Clank series.
Resistance: Burning Skies is a first-person shooter game for the PlayStation Vita developed by Nihilistic Software and published by Sony Computer Entertainment in June 2012. It is the fifth installment in the Resistance franchise. The story follows NYFD Tom Riley during the first month of the Chimeran invasion of the United States. Read more...
Did You Know
- ...that two of the characters that Resistance: The Gathering Storm focuses on have friends with their first names being Harley?
- ...that inmate Mick Cutler was a Black Ops soldier for SRPA before being thrown into prison?
- ...that the MP-47 Pulse Cannon is a Human weapon but is used by the Chimera online?
Dynamically changes - refresh me!
- Not sure where to start?
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
|Recent News [add · more]|
Nominate and Vote here.
Do you think there will be any more Resistance games?