Resistance is a science-fiction horror series of first-person shooter and third-person shooter video games developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita game consoles. The series takes place in an alternate history around the 1950's, in which an alien species known as the Chimera have invaded Earth and taken over all of Russia, and continue to invade and conquer much of Europe and the United States, expanding their armies by capturing humans and converting them into monstrous, super-powered soldiers to fight on their behalf. The player takes the role of one of the remaining human armed forces as they fight against the Chimera.
The series is noted for its use of both conventional and futuristic weaponry, reflecting Insomniac's previous work on the Ratchet & Clank series.
The Assault on the New York Tower was the defining moment that separated Resistance 2's Invasion of the United States and Resistance 3's Chimeran occupation of the United States. On July 4th, 1953, thousands of volunteers flocked to New York to prevent the Chimera from freezing the planet. Devised by President Thomas Voss with the brains of Fyodor Malikov helping. What could possibly go wrong? Read more...
Vote for the next featured article here
Did You Know
- ...that, so far in the Resistance series, there has been 3 PS3 games, 1 PSP game, 1 PS Vita game, 2 books and 7 comics/1 graphic novel?
- ...the Chimera can be tamed?
- ...that the MP-47 Pulse Cannon is a Human weapon but is used by the Chimera online?
- ...that Joseph Capelli's scar on the left side of his face was caused by a doctor hitting him with a crowbar after Capelli attacked him during Project Abraham?
Dynamically changes - refresh me!
- Not sure where to start?
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
The lovable hug-able Brawler
Nominate and Vote here.
Who was your favourite playable character?
|Recent News [add · more]|