Resistance is a science-fiction horror series of first-person shooter and third-person shooter video games developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita game consoles. The series takes places in an alternate history around the year 1950's, in which an alien species known as the Chimera have invaded Earth and taken over all of Russia, and continue to invade and conquer much of Europe and the United States, expanding their armies by capturing humans and converting them into monstrous, super-powered soldiers to fight on their behalf. The player takes the role of one the sentinels, who are a few people injected with the Chimeran virus which grants them super abilities, like health regeneration.
The series is noted for its use of both conventional and futuristic weaponry, reflecting Insomniac's previous work on the Ratchet & Clank series.
The Assault on the New York Tower was the defining moment that separated Resistance 2's Invasion of the United States and Resistance 3's Chimeran occupation of the United States. On July 4th, 1953, thousands of volunteers flocked to New York to prevent the Chimera from freezing the planet. Devised by President Thomas Voss with the brains of Fyodor Malikov helping. What could possibly go wrong? Read more...
Vote for the next featured article here
Did You Know
- ...that there is a dead Hybrid in the second room of the the last level in Resistance 2?
- ...the MP-47 Pulse Cannon was originally developed for mining purposes?
- ...that Major Richard Blake was a Sentinel.
- ...that there many other strains of Chimera to appear in Resistance: Fall of Man but Insomniac Games had to drop the ideas to release the game at the same time the PS3 came out, but were later added to Resistance 2 instead?
Dynamically changes - refresh me!
- Not sure where to start?
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
Whose doesn't love a bit of Cartwright?
Nominate and Vote here.
Sony re-trademarked the Resistance name back in January. Does this mean that Sony will announce a new Resistance game at E3 on June 16th?
|Recent News [add · more]|