Resistance is a science-fiction horror series of first-person shooter and third-person shooter video games developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita game consoles. The series takes place in an alternate history around the 1950's, in which an alien species known as the Chimera have invaded Earth and taken over all of Russia, and continue to invade and conquer much of Europe and the United States, expanding their armies by capturing humans and converting them into monstrous, super-powered soldiers to fight on their behalf. The player takes the role of one of the remaining human armed forces as they fight against the Chimera.
The series is noted for its use of both conventional and futuristic weaponry, reflecting Insomniac's previous work on the Ratchet & Clank series.
Nathan Hale was the main protagonist of Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2. A soldier in the United States military, Nathan rose to prominence after being infected with the Chimeran virus and was responsible for liberating Britain from the Chimera. Strong, intelligent, extremely brave and yet withdrawn, Hale went on to become one of the original Sentinels. Read more...
Vote for the next featured article here
Did You Know
- ...that, so far in the Resistance series, there has been 3 PS3 games, 1 PSP game, 1 PS Vita game, 2 books and 7 comics/1 graphic novel?
- ...the Chimera can be tamed?
- ...that Joseph Evan Capelli was allowed into the army by Moral Waiver even though, in our timeline, it was set up in mid 1960's?
- ...that you can use zipwires in many levels in Resistance 3?
Dynamically changes - refresh me!
- Not sure where to start?
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
Survivors resting in Post-Apocalyptic Mount Pleasant
Nominate and Vote here.
What is your Favourite Resistance game that did not feature Nathan Hale as the Playable Character?
|Recent News [add · more]|