Ratchet & Clank is a series created and developed by Insomniac Games. The games follow the adventures of Ratchet (a bobcat-like character known as a Lombax, who is a mechanic) and Clank (a diminutive, sentient robot that befriends Ratchet) as they travel through the universe, saving it from evil forces on a regular basis.
Much of the conventional and futuristic weaponry found in Resistance reflects from Ratchet & Clank.
- A Clank Backpack and a wrench piece are unlockable in Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2 multiplayer.
- The Stalker is based off of the Landstalker from Ratchet: Deadlocked, as they both function the same, and have machine guns with a secondary mortar attack.
- The Swarm's appearance bears an resemblance to the Tetramites, from Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time.
- The Fury is based on the shark attacks in the early Ratchet & Clank games.
- One of the trophies in Resistance 3 is named after the third game in the Ratchet & Clank series, Up Your Arsenal.
- The Brawler bears a resemblance to the War Grok from Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- At the end of Resistance 3, Capelli's son is seen playing with a toy Hydra Tank - an enemy from Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time.