The Mauler underwent several changes during the development of Burning Skies. Originally known as the "Chimeran Chaingun", it had a very different look. Additionally, it had a reload animation, something that the final version lacks.
Unlike the HVAP Wraith from Resistance 2, the Mauler lacks the ability to enter ADS. However, it can still be zoomed in, shrinking the reticle. Despite the Mauler's large size, it doesn't affect sprinting speed.
Like all weapons in Burning Skies, the Mauler features a secondary fire mode. Swiping down on the PlayStation Vita's touchscreen will charge a powerful blast. This blast uses no ammo, and only takes about six seconds to charge (4 if you have the Heat upgrade).
- Long Shot - Greater effective range.
- Lightweight - reduce encumbrance.
- Precision - Reduce primary fire spread.
- Overcharge - Increased rate of fire.
- Supercharged - Larger heat blast.
- Heat - Faster heat generation.
- The Mauler is an extremely effective weapon against large groups of Chimera.
- In multiplayer, you can unlock the mauler fairly early on (level 25). ts secondary fire is very useful, due to it not requiring any ammo.
|“|| Got a new one for you... Hank calls it the "Mauler."
And once you turn it loose you'll see why.
Drag thumb down the barrel to switch to exhaust mode,
- The Mauler is structurally similar to the Wraith and Brute Minigun, but its secondary fire is unique to itself.
- The Mauler was originally known as the "Chimeran Chaingun."