|Distinctions||Humanoid body structure, frail, necrotic skin condition, yellow-green poison pod|
|Games featured||Resistance 2|
Leeches pulse with highly toxic and explosive blood. Their sole purpose is to kill their prey by rushing at them in a suicidal run and self-explode on contact. Their thin hides make them easy to take down with any standard firearm; however, they can sprint across great distances at a rapid pace, which makes shooting them at close range a deadly proposition. Another way to know a Leech is nearby, is their high pitched roar which sounds similar to the sound of a jet engine but in Resistance 3, the Leech's roar is also high pitched similar to the Grim.
Leeches may be created in the same manner as Grims, as they lack a cooling unit (although they aren't designed to be permanent soldiers anyway); however, because of their explosive volatility it is unknown how they were made.
- It best to keep a long distance from Leeches as they will explode in close proximity to their enemy. After exploding, it will create some amount of smoke which could blind the player for a moment.
- Long-range weapons, such as the Marksman or the M5A2 Folsom Carbine, is best recommend in killing Leeches, as few long-range shots will cause a Leech to detonate.
Leeches made their first appears in Savior just shortly after Fyodor Malikov sent Joseph Capelli to go out and searching for Jonathan Rose while Arthur prayed for Capelli. They are essentially the same Chimera but have a bloated, infected look to them as if the explosive chemicals in their bodies have become host to bacteria. Instead of being dark color and have no eyes, they are in resemblances to Grims and have reddish, glowing skins. Gunfire or any kind of damages to Leeches will cause them to release chemically explosive cysts growing on their body. Upon death the cysts will proliferate on a Leech's body and become an active, biological landmine.
It is unclear that some of the Grims had reached the end of it's life cycle and turned into Leeches.
- Try to pick off Leeches from a distance, as the explosion they cause can be deadly.
- When a Leech dies, take the opportunity to shoot the final cyst it produces to kill any other enemies around it. This method can save ammo and health.
- Because the Mutator's ammo is made with tissue samples from Leeches, it has no affect on them, making the weapon useless against these creatures.
- If they get close, the Rossmore or Magnum are ideal in quickly killing Leeches.
- The Atomizer, Cryogun and Wildfire are also recommended.
- Curiously, melee attacking a charging Leech will cause it to step backwards, before exploding a safe distance from the player. Use this to your advantage, though it isn't recommended due to the close proximity the Leech has to be to you for you to hit it.
- Leeches always attack in groups, so try not to let them get very close, or else you will get swarmed.
- Melee is not very effective against the Leeches.
- Use the Bullseye or carbine on the leeches legs to make it grow into crystal and shoot it until it explodes. 25 leeches that are used only in this way grant the Death Coach trophy.
|“|| A Leech is a malformed, diseased Grim. These crazed, feral organisms will attempt to
rush their targets and explodes on contact. When it is mortally wounded from a
These special Leeches appear in the Resistance 3 Brutality DLC Pack. They have a white misty haze to their cysts, more of a light white colour and when detnonated they freeze other enemies around them.
- The Leech has the same basic function as the Boilers or Hags from Resistance: Retribution, as they run and explode on contact.
- The Leech skin in Competitive in both Resistance 2 as well as Resistance 3 is the rarest skin, due to the fact that in both games it is the last skin the player will unlock.
- The Leech multiplayer skin can be unlocked by reaching level 30 in Online Competitive Mode - albeit without it's explosive volatility, unless you decide to use the overload berserk, which has the same effect.
- Detonating 25 Leeches on the ground achieve the "Corpse Wagon" trophy.
- The Leeches in Resistance 3 were originally and apparently to be slightly updated from their appearance in Resistance 2, as confirmed in the Chimera concept art; however, for unknown reasons, they were changed to have a more Grim-like appearance.
- The Leech can be killed by using the mutator, when shot multiple times.