- I’ve been lying here For aLmost thrEe hours. rEmembering The lAst Time we were
- together. IT was outside DAn's Diner, during the first thunderstorm of the season. You
- stood in the rain. Crying and you asKed me an IMportant question. The question of why.
- Why a Man would joIN a causE with no hope for victory. Why a maN would
- abandon his family for a hopeless endeavor. Why a man would give his body To
- madmen who use science to play God.
- I remember how empty I felt not to have Given yOu The answer yOu deserved. And the
- truth, sweetheart, is very simple. It's BecAuse I musT.
- I am nOt foolish eNough to believe I will survive this waR. HOwever I can choose how I
- die. And I know that for every one of them I kill, there's one less out there who can hUrt
- you and Jacob.
- Know that whatever I am, for however lonG I havE, I am out here to protect you. I'll love
- you always and forever.
- Hoping this letter finds you safe.
- Eternally Yours.
There is a secret message written by Benjamin Warner to his family warning about the inevitable Chimeran invasion.
To find the secret message, it only mention the capital letters that aren't after a full stop/period and don't count the ones at the beginning on the proper nouns ( e.g. DAn's Diner). The only one that is in the code is the "F" because it isn't the beginning of a noun.
Spelling out the message reveals: FLEET ATTACK IMMINENT GO TO BATON ROUGE.