Echo Team started off doing incredibly well before the Chimeran invasion of the U.S. on May 15th, 1953, and completing operations such as Operation Iron Hand. But on December 21st, 1952 Echo's team leader Lt. Hank Leavitt was killed by a Stalker in North Carolina, in which Nathan Hale succeeded Leavitt and promoted to lieutenant as Echo's squad leader.
Echo Team later bared the brunt of the Chimeran invasion of 1953 when the Chimera attacked SRPA 3 in San Francisco. After escaping San Francisco, Echo were then tasked with destroying a damaged Chimeran battleship in the town of Orick, California. While boarding the ship, Echo discovered that the Chimeran fleet intended to breached the Liberty Defense Perimeter through Twin Falls, Idaho. Following the destruction of the warship, Echo later traveled to Twin Fall and activated the town's two defense towers resulting in the destruction three other battleships and defeating a Mother spinner, which almost killed Joseph Capelli. However, Echo was too late in preventing several Chimeran ships including Daedalus' flagship from breaching the the Defense Perimeter and subsequently activating a Chimeran Tower in Bryce Canyon.
Echo Team extracted Dr. Fyodor Malikov from Station Genesis and tried to stop Daedalus from activating the Chicago Tower, but only to discovered that the tower was being remotely activated by Daedalus in Iceland. Echo traveled to Holar, Iceland in an attempt to assassinate the Chimeran creature. But the operation failed in which team members Benjamin Warner and Aaron Hawthorne were killed by Daedalus and with Hale being mortally stabbed but saved in time by Joseph Capelli.
On June 26th, the remnants of Echo Team along with Major Richard Blake and X-Ray Squad participated in Operation Black Eden; in which they managed to set a fission bomb onto Daedalus' flagship and destroyed the entire Chimeran fleet over the Gulf of Mexico. Nathan Hale and Joseph Capelli were the only participants to survive the entire operation. Upon crashing their captured Chimeran shuttle to the ground, Capelli discovered Hale had finally succumbed to the Chimeran virus and became a Chimera and therefore, reluctantly executing Hale with a gunshot to the head.
- Lt. Hank Leavitt (Echo-One) † - Echo Team's original team leader.
- Lt. Nathan Hale (Echo-Six, then Echo-Two and later Echo-One) † - Current leader of Echo Team.
- Sgt. Benjamin Warner (Echo-Two) † - Second-in-Command
- SPC. Aaron Hawthorne (Echo-Three) †
- Cpl. Joseph Capelli (Echo-Five) - Originally part of Alpha Team and Kilo Team.
- Sgt. Gaines † - Took part in Operation Iron Fist.
- Sgt. Marvin Kawecki (Echo-Five) † - Retired in Resistance: A Hole in the Sky.
- Cpl. Pardo † - Took part in Operation Iron Fist.
- Cpl. Vedka † - Was part of the Chicago S.A.R. party.
- Cpl. Tim Yorba (Echo-Four) † - Took part in Operation Iron Fist.
- Pvt. Cooper † - Was part of the Chicago S.A.R. party.
- Pvt. Russ Dana - Was part of the Chicago S.A.R. party.
- Pvt. Henning † - Was part of the Chicago S.A.R. party.
- Pvt. Jim Jasper † - Was part of a recon team.
- Pvt. Obo † - Was part of the Chicago S.A.R. party.
- Pvt. Oshi † - Was part of the Chicago S.A.R. party.
- Pvt. Perez † - Was part of the Chicago S.A.R. party.
- Pvt. Tanner - Was part of the Chicago S.A.R. party.
- Unknown Rank Samson † - Was part of the Chicago S.A.R. party.