This article is a stub. You can help the Resistance Wiki by expanding it.
Would you help contribute the Resistance Wiki by editting the text and adding information?
Soldier! This article could use some more pictures.
Would you help contribute the Resistance Wiki by adding some?.
Much like the Chimera, Drones have multiple yellow eyes-possibly used for purely aesthetic reasons, since the Drones could easily function with just one. Another possibility is that the machines use the multiple eyes to allow thermal imaging or night vision.
Featured only in Resistance: Retribution, these Worker Drones are simply cheap labor used to supplement the Menials and Boilers as the Chimeran workforce. They are mostly seen operating machinery with some sort of interface beam.
Recon Drones are unarmed and high-flying, looking alone for enemy positions.
Resistance: Burning Skies
- Using the Hunter's secondary ammo makes it more effective against several drones.
|“|| Nancy calls 'em flying garbage cans. And that's exactly what these drones look like. But watch out! When you spot one chances are that there are some more nearby. And nearby they're fast they're hard to hit.
The Patrol Drones in Resistance: Retribution are of an earlier variety, thus they are larger and their firing rate is much slower, using charged shots.
The Patrol Drones in Resistance 2 are lightly armed with a weapon similar to the Bullseye, which fire at a much faster rate than their earlier counterparts, but without the secondary ability, and attack in large numbers.
- A very easy way to dispatch an attacking swarm of Patrol Drones in Resistance 2 is to use the LAARKs secondary fire ability, which fires a large number of miniature, self guiding rockets that target and destroy most, if not all of the drones in one volley.
The Hunter Drones are medium sized drones that have a weapon similar to the Bullseye, but fires with much more distance between shots at a fast rate. They first appear in Bryce Canyon when Hale and several soldiers fight several Ravagers and Hybrids on a bridge.
In an image of the concept art of Resistance 3 these drones appear.
The Attack Drones are large, heavily armed and armored, and are protected by a type of force-field. Attack Drones are armed with two weapons: a single barreled Bullseye look-alike and a triple barreled mini-rocket launcher. The mini-rockets are equipped with a sabot that can penetrate organic tissue and hard materials before exploding. Apparently, these Drones can be piloted as Sentinel Aaron Hawthorne managed to briefly pilot one in Orick, California.
In the cooperative campaign, they appear sometimes as mini-bosses and, unlike in Resistance 2, are unshielded due to being over-powered. They always appear from a dropship in Orick if the players are trying to destroy the Stalker prototype in the lumber mill. In Chicago, if shutting down the beacons in the construction yard is the last objective, then two one-star Attack Drones will appear to defend the beacons.
The Shock Drones are newly introduced in Resistance 3. As their name applies, the Shock Drones emit an arc of electricity as their main weapon.
- They can be easily destroyed with one shot of the Rossmore Shotgun or with a Bullseye Tag.
- EMP Grenades are extremely effective against a group of Shock Drones.
|“|| Shock Drones serve as small but relentless hunters. They typically move in groups, and
tend to scout the areas around larger mechanical hunters, such as the Goliath. Once a
If the player knock out 25 Shock Drones with an EMP Grenade, they will earned the Bronze Trophy, "Electric Avenue".
Shield Drones act as support units for Chimeran infantry, in which they create an invincible force-shield by beaming an energy field that surrounds a Chimera, although they seem to only support Hybrids, Ravagers, and Steelheads. However, Shield Drones are vulnerable and can be destroyed in order to break their support on Chimeran enemies.
- The best weapon is the Auger Rifle, as its primary fire can kill a Hybrid even with the Shield Drone supporting it.
- Shield Drones are vulnerable to EMP Grenades.
|“|| Shield drones work in tandem with Chimera, and may also summon additional
Chimera to the battlefield. During battle, a Shield Drone will seek out an unprotected
- The Swarm, when zoomed in at with the L23 Fareye, is seemingly compose of a large group of Recon/Patrol Drones with a tail.
- Bio killing weapons such as the Mutator or the Cryogun will have no affect on these machines so don't bother using them against drones.
Resistance: Burning Skies
- Patrol Drones are the only enemy drone encounter in Burning Skies.